The JMA stands for the Junior Members Association, and it technically contains all Fitz students who pay the subscription included in the College Bill. It is run by the JMA Executive Trustees Committee (JMAETC): a committee of Fellows that presides over the assets of the JMA, including the above subscription fees. This committee then allocates these funds to the JCR, the MCR and the JMA Clubs and Societies (represented at the JMAETC meetings by the President of Clubs & Societies). The JMAETC also regulates the activity of each of these bodies in accordance with the JMA Constitution and other College policies.
About the JMA President
Hey, I’m Maya and I’m the current President of Fitz Clubs & Societies. I’m a third year geography student and in my spare time, I am part of the university cross country and athletics teams, as well as Fitz mixed and ladies netball teams.
About the JMA Vice-President
Hi, my name is Beth (she/her) and I am a third year Natural Scientist, specialising in Psychology. I love team sports! At University, I play Netball and Ski, but also love social tennis and volleyball. Other than sport, this year I want to continue my involvement with Student Minds, join one of the Cambridge Music Bands, host more charity events and get as many Fitz students on Varsity Trip as possible!
What the role of President entails
- Primarily represent Fitz students on the JMA and push to gain funding for student clubs and societies.
- Make changes to college policies and allocate individual sports funding to university players.
- Oversee all of our clubs and societies, ensuring everything runs smoothly from a health & safety, welfare and funding perspective.
- Organise a few Fitz events, including Sports Dinner, Billy Day and the Freshers Fair.
- Oversee the college gym.
- Overall, aim to give everyone the opportunity to get involved in Fitz’s clubs and societies and celebrate their success.
What the role of Vice-President entails
- To represent over 200 Fitzwilliam Clubs and Societies and build firm connections between Fitzwilliam and Cambridge University Sport Centre.
- To run the @fitzsportsandsocs Instagram page we created last year. (Make sure to follow!)
- To organise events such as Fitz Sports Day and our Annual Sports Dinner.
- To reach out to charities and corporate sponsors in the organisation of charity events.
- To communicate with JMA president and senior members of college.