Disclaimer: Whilst the JCR has been careful to check the suitability of the organisations mentioned within this section as contact points for students, it cannot be held responsible for the work or advice of any external organisation. Neither should this list or information treated as exhaustive.

Welfare Supplies Form

Name (leave blank for delivery to welfare pidge)

Email (optional – for confirmation when order complete)

Who would you like to deal with your request

What supplies do you want?

Dental Dams
Pregnancy Test

Specific requirements (e.g. non-latex, XL, ribbed)

Sexual Health

All students at Fitz can completely anonymously access free condoms, lube, dental dams, and pregnancy tests. To do this either fill in the confidential form at the side of the page, email us at jcr.welfare.executive@fitz.cam.ac.uk or put a note in the welfare pigeon hole. All supplies will be left in the welfare pigeon hole. Please note that we cannot guarantee that we will be able to get sexual health supplies to you outside of term time. More information about contraception can be found here: https://www.womens.cusu.cam.ac.uk/welfare/contraception/.

Contrary to popular belief, the C-Card scheme still runs in Cambridge. After registering at a registration point you will then issued with a card which contains a unique ID number. This will allow you to pick up free condoms and dams where you see the c-card logo. Find more information here: https://www.icash.nhs.uk/contraception-sexual-health/c-card-scheme

You can get tested for STIs completely anonymously at The Laurels (20 Newmarket Road, Cambridge, 08456 505 152) and at Clinic 1A, Addenbrookes (01223 217 774). These tests will not appear on your NHS records. You can find more information about getting sexual health tests at https://www.icash.nhs.uk/where-to-go/icash-cambridgeshire/lime-tree-clinic-cambridge and https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sexual-health and more advice in general here: https://www.studentadvice.cam.ac.uk/welfare/sexualhealth/.

There is also a new scheme where you can order sexual health tests online - available at https://expresstest.icash.nhs.uk/login/.

If you need to talk to someone about the results of a pregnancy test, you can find specialised support at Marie Stopes (0845 300 8090) and Ask Brook (0800 0185 023). You can also find pregnancy advice on CUSU's website here: https://www.womens.cusu.cam.ac.uk/welfare/pregnancy/.

A one-stop shop for sexual health services in Cambridge can be found here: https://www.icash.nhs.uk/where-to-go/icash-cambridgeshire/lime-tree-clinic-cambridge/. This includes locations to receive the 'emergency pill' and sexual health screening.

Sexual Misconduct

Sexual Misconduct can happen to anyone, and people of any gender, age, race, ability or sexuality can be victims. Sexual misconduct can range from inappropriate touching, to a life-threatening attack, rape or any other penetration of the mouth, vagina or anus.

If you have been sexually assaulted (recently or historically), remember that it wasn’t your fault. It doesn’t matter what you were wearing, where you were or whether you had been drinking. A sexual assault is always the fault of the perpetrator.

There are services that can help. This includes those in Fitz and you shouldn't be afraid about telling College authorities such as your tutor or talking to a friend or family member who you trust to support you. They will make sure that you are safe and offer reassurance that you are not to blame.

The Elms SARC - https://www.theelmssarc.org/
Specialist organisations recommend that your nearest Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) is a good place to go if you have recently been raped or sexually assaulted. It is a completely free service which offers forensic and medical examinations (including tests for sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy), and the SARC can store the forensic results until you decide whether to report the incident to the police or not. You don’t have to report the assault to police if you don’t want to and the services and organisations you come into contact with won’t insist that you do. However, if you want to, the staff at the SARC can arrange for a meeting with the police. The Cambridgeshire Police Force have specially trained police officers to deal with crimes of sexual violence. When someone contacts the police to report a sexual assault, the duty police officer will call out a specially trained officer who will then carry out the investigation.

SARCs also have specially trained, experienced professionals who can give you medical help, advice, and support through the immediate trauma. You should call in advance to let them know you are coming. For more formation and advice on reporting rape see the information on Rapecrisis England website.

The nearest SARC in Cambridgeshire is The Elms at Hitchingbrooke, in Huntingdon:
Tel: 0800 193 5434 (24/7 Free Phone)
Office: 01480 425003 (Weekdays, 9am - 5pm)
Email Address: theelms.sarc@nhs.net
The Elms SARC
Hinchingbrooke Hospital
Hinchingbrooke Park
PE29 6NT

Cambridge Rape Crisis Centre - http://cambridgerapecrisis.org.uk/
This is open to women three times a week, and can provide tailored support to survivors of rape, sexual assault, and childhood sexual abuse.

Rape Crisis England and Wales - https://rapecrisis.org.uk/
Rape Crisis England and Wales is the leading national organisation in providing specialist support to survivors of rape and sexual assault. Its website provides excellent and comprehensive information on sexual violence. More extremely useful information can be found on the

NHS choices website - https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sexual-health/help-after-rape-and-sexual-assault

Choices - https://www.choicescounselling.co.uk/
This offers a confidential counselling service in Cambridge (UK) and surrounding areas for women and men whose lives are affected by childhood sexual abuse.