1. Freshers’ Week Survey Freshers - please take a few minutes to fill this out (if you haven’t already) it gives us invaluable insight into what everyone likes and what they don't about how Freshers' is organised and the events we put on for you – many of you will be involved in the organisation for next year and this information will be crucial for you! Also a really productive form of procrastination
2. JCR Elections Further to my previous email – apply to be Ents Exec, Ents Sub-comm, Target & Access Sub-comm (x2). These are really valuable roles that you’ll only hold for a few months, this will give you an invaluable insight into life on the JCR. If you’re thinking of applying for a position on the 2017 committee this is the perfect place to start! Please send your nominations to Niveditha Yalamarthi email@example.com by 12pm on Saturday 22nd October. Hustings will then take place on Monday morning, 24th October at 7:30pm. The hustings speeches will take place in the JCR and will be followed by some Q&As from anyone who has a question for the candidates. This will provide the candidates with the opportunity to give a speech outlining their manifestos followed by answering students’ questions alongside other candidates.
Campaigning - in accordance with fairness and to also minimise spamming, candidates are allowed ONE A4 POSTER on the notice board opposite the buttery as their only written form of advertisement. In addition you are also permitted to use social media to campaign. However, no Facebook events will be allowed nor will smear campaigns be permitted (looking at you RON Weasley). If either of those rules are broken the candidate will be banned from further social media campaigning, or i the offence is repeated/severe enough, he/she may be disqualified.
Voting - will take place over Tuesday 25th and Wednesday 26th, with the result being announced late on Wednesday evening. If you have any questions at all - no matter how small or big - please get in touch!
3. Careers Fair Go to it → networking = good (See event)
4. TV for the JCR If you are an avid JCR TV watcher – please get in touch ASAP, we need a focus group for selection of a new TV.
5. Wifi If your wifi is bad please submit MyFitz IT ticket (I know its ironic that you need internet to do this) https://services.fitz.cam.ac.uk/FIP/live/index.php/helpdesk/ticket/create - try and be specific and include the time that your internet cut out and the time period (e.g. intermittent or cut out for x mins then came back). Each ticket is investigated, and it’s really hard for us to ask for improvements in wifi without having the proof of the helpdesk tickets. (On that note we are investigating the shut down of Fitz-acad, will be getting back to you)
6. IT Opportunity The University Information Services are looking for a couple of Fitz Undergraduates to help with testing Exchange online. This is a vitally important project that has the potential to significantly change the way email is handled across the university (hence exciting). Will be 90 minutes and you'll get a £10 Amazon voucher in return - get in touch if you’re interested.
7. University Discipline Committee for 2017 Anyone can put themselves forward to do this – see forwarded email from 19/10 for info.
8. Thank you - If you’re still reading this email - 10/10 to you. As always any issues, questions, queries, comments or problems get in touch and we’ll do our best to help!