We are so excited for you all to arrive tomorrow! Just thought we’d post a few reminders about arrival:
- Please arrive no earlier than 11am
- If possible arrive before 2:30/3pm (that is when some lovely corridor reps will be coming around all of the corridors to make sure you’ve got wifi sorted and to get your corridor together to meet, they’ll also give you another quick tour of college if you haven’t been up since making your offer)
- If you cannot arrive by then this is absolutely not a problem - don’t panic! Although we strongly recommend you attend the icebreakers and meeting the JCR it is not the end of the world if you’re held up in traffic, there’s plenty of time this week to get to know people :)
- Arrive to the entrance to college on Storey’s Way (CB3 0DG)
- Here we will have unloading bays where you will park up and unload your belongings into a designated zone
- The driver of the car will then be asked to drive and park over at the Madingley Road park and ride, it’s really close to Fitz and you probably drove past it on the way!
- Whilst your parent is parking the car and getting the bus back to Fitz, a friendly JCR member or freshers committee rep will show you to your room (we’ve got hoodies and t-shirts so will be easy to spot)
- We’ve got trolleys ready for you to use to transfer your belongings from Storey’s way to your new room and your driving parent will be back with you in no time (you may need to give them a text so they know where to meet you though!)
If you have any questions get in touch! Tomorrow there will be a multitude of friendly college staff and students around ready to help you out so please don’t be shy if you have any questions/problems or queries.
Hope you all have a good journey here and are excited for the week we’ve got planned!
P.S. any freshers week events/ticketing queries get in touch with our Ents team and in particular our fabulous freshers week organiser Katie McCoshan (she's your guru for all events this week) so look out for her on arrival day!